Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birdhouses

I bought 2 birdhouses at a rummage sale for $1 a piece last summer. Although I thought they were sweet as-is, I really wanted something a little more me for the garden.


Before:
















After:




















Materials: Acrylic Paint.
Cost: Free since I had paint on hand. $2 if I didn't have paint.

This was my very first test in lessening my perfectionistic ways and I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out. I decided that freehand was the way to go. It's funny that I can do these kinds of designs with a paint brush but can't think the same way with a pen in my hand.

Oh and PS: You'll come to learn that I have a slight birdhouse addiction. So far 66% of my projects on this blog consist of birdhouses! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment